talks food...

My web site is primarily dedicated to my obsession with the Renaissance, and with the Medici family in Quattrocento Florence...

However if you asked most of my friends what I was particularly passionate about, they'd probably choose food... I have hundreds of books in every cuisine, and own every ridiculous gadget you could possibly con foodies into buying - from dehydrators to sous vide machines and water baths, and vegetable peelers for soft fruit (which are actually very good if you come across them).

As an avid Tweeter, I have increasingly begun to follow other food bloggers and feel constrained by my main blog - it wasn't established for me to discuss food - food would immediately swamp every other entry - food is one of those daily, all consuming activities. You won't read a Renaissance text book every day, but if you're a food fanatic you will be thinking about food, where you can buy those special items, and the next opportunity to cook for your chums.

In my experience food fanatics can be broken down into two groups - there are those who love the process of consuming food, trying different foods, and sharing the details of their consumption... Other fanatics are consumed with the details of the food - its origin, its history, the techniques involved, the way it has been presented. I'm the latter.  In reality I don't live to eat at all, but I'll happily 'eat' my way visually through a cookbook, and derive real satisfaction from it.

I've decided to blog about food because whilst there are millions of food bloggers out there, there are millions of food bloggers out there with whom I'd like to converse :0) Let's see where it goes? Let's see how long the journey is :0)